Friday, March 16, 2018

What I am reading now....

Posted by Wayne G. Barber
"Mommy, can it kill you?" I turned toward my son’s little voice from the backseat, his question wounding my soul. I considered his innocent face as his blue eyes searched mine for the truth. His older sister sat next to him, frozen and silent. How could I reassure them without lying or making false promises? Ruthless and sudden, my recent breast cancer diagnosis hijacked our day at the beach, scattering debris in its wake. Another memory ruined. But even on the toughest days, there's a possibility for hope, love, and even some comic relief. My road to recovery included a breast kabob, bacteria straight from the depths of hell, and fistfuls of carrot cake. There were no shortcuts. Despite these misadventures, my family moved forward together. While strength carried us through the fight, laughter helped us appreciate the ordinary places in between the battles. That is where I choose to live. From snot on my husband's shirt to survival, these are some of my moments.

No comments:

Post a Comment