Friday, June 3, 2016

Meet the Author at the North Scituate Farmers Market Sat. June 4th, 2016

Posted by Wayne G.Barber

Where: North Scituate Farmers Market     When : 9:00 am till 12:00

Mangia with Micheline started as a simple article about life and food, but it became so much more. It became a journey during which my mother shared her wisdom, stories, encouragement, recipes and love to make this book a reality. I was belssed not only to know her as my mom, but also as a woman and my best friend. How wonderful it was to see her life's journey through her eyes. Her attitude was always positive, she handled hardships with grace and courage, and tought her children, grandchildren and great grandchildren by her example. My mother safeguarded our secrets, freely shared her wisdom, never intruded, and was steadfast in her love. Mary Bevelaqua Grossi was a beloved sister, aunt and cousin to the Bevelaqua Family.
I have chosen to be consistent throughout the book using the spelling of Bevelaqua as it appeared on my mother's birth certificate, knowing that within the family it is also spelled Bevelacqua and Bevilacqua. Whatever way it's spelled, it's my fabulous family and I love them all.

No comments:

Post a Comment